Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Fabric Gift Bags

I've been debating what to do about gift wrap this Christmas. I love Christmas wrap, I love wrapping presents - especially with expensive, glossy wrapping paper. I actually volunteer to wrap presents for my mother in law every year, just to get a few more boxes in. But all that trash on Christmas morning really bothers me. As much as I love the wrapping up, the bags and bags of paper headed straight for the trash is not a good thing.

So I searched a while online and came up with this: Lucky Crow fabric gift bags. I just ordered them today so I can't swear they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping so. I'm sure there are those of you out there on speaking terms with a sewing machine who could make these at home. I am not, so buying these bags instead of making them is required. Oh well - since they are reusable, I should recoup the cost in a year or two (I like really, really expensive wrapping paper - did I mention that?).

If these are a flop and children cry under the tree Christmas morning, suffering withdrawal from gleefully ripping paper, I'll let you know. Otherwise, until you hear different, these work for me.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Channel said...

Sounds simple and fast! I'll have to check them out. (I also suffer from a love of expensive paper...I don't like it to have any real design either...)

Amy said...

Good idea. I also like to reuse materials in my wrapping: paper or plastic bags, yarn scraps, old maps, magazine collages.

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

Those bags look beautiful! :) I've made some of my own for gifts in the past.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Blessings,
Michele