Thursday, September 4, 2008

"Seconds are so Middle Class"

Before you drive over here and hit me, let me 'splain. This that I am sharing with you now is the all-time famous quote from one of my college roommates. It's become a staple in our house over the years and I thought you'd like it too.

We were cooking dinner one night for some friends and there was little left in the pot. My roommate kept chasing people down before they left the kitchen, trying to give them what was left. Everyone refused and one guy said "if someone wants some they can come back for seconds." And Lorena just came out with this whopper - "oooh, seconds are soooo middle class!" Said with the requisite Long Island lockjaw, of course. I'm surprised I was accepted into Colgate without this particular verbal tic. Oh, wait, I was on scholarship, and they lower their standards ever so slightly to help "the poor."

Boy, I really loved the women I went to undergrad with! Isn't it remarkable I haven't spoken to a single one of them in 15 years?

No comments: