Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Adventures in Keeping Warm


As you can see from the picture above and my last post, we spent last Thursday through Sunday at Disney World.

In the cold. The extreme, "Arctic blast" of cold. The "wear 2 sweaters, a scarf, gloves and a hat" cold that descended on even sunny Florida last week.

And we had fun anyway.

With the exception of Saturday, when rain and 40° temperatures made even Epcot impossible (the key cold weather choice - it has more than 15 indoor activities. I counted) we spent every day at the parks. Two full days at the Magic Kingdom and one - more of a half day - at the Animal Kingdom.

I must confess that I am head-over-heels in love with Disney World. Especially the Magic Kingdom, where every single happy memory of my childhood seems to coalesce until I am a pushy, over-excited six year old who wants nothing more than to ride Peter Pan's Flight eight times in one day. I blame my parents, who took me to the Magic Kingdom when I was 2, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. Aaah, spoiled only-childhood, how I love parts of thee so very, very much.

This time, I did curb my excesses to some extent (although it was really, really hard to do so on that first day) and a good time was had by all four of us. And Husband is really the most patient man on the planet, which helps at times like these.

So here we are, frolicking away. Please feel free to enjoy the fun (and the cold) vicariously. I know I do, every time I re-review the pictures.

No comments: