Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolved

I am not the type to make New Year's resolutions; in fact, I'm not sure that I have ever done so. But motivated in part by a friend's loss of 15lbs (over Christmas no less!) and also by Venomous Kate's recently-posted resolutions, I am making an exception this year.

First of all, as a general resolution that effects how seriously I take the rest of these, I resolve to worry less in 2012. I desperately need to try to take more things in stride, and to look actively and consistently for less stress in my life instead of more. In addition, if such things can be accomplished at the same time, I would like to:

1. Lose 15-20lbs
2. Quit drinking diet soda forever
3. Exercise several times a week, even if it's just an evening walk
4. Pray more and cuss less
5. Speak and think positively - both about myself and those around me

I could go on forever, but likely all of these things will still need quite a bit of work one year from now, so I think I'll stop now.

Happy New Year, y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A worthy and challenging list, Tari. I saw the '3 word' idea last year and am endeavoring to use that instead of 'resolution' methods.

Here is my reference:
http://www.chrisbrogan.com/3words2012/

I decided to use the same three words as Chris.

I also think I'm being called to better/more consistently pray via a daily devotional (more of a protestant concept). Also very challenging for task-oriented-me. But with the Grace of God....

Best, Barbara