Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Random Thought

There is a million miles (or fifty million years) worth of difference between believing that everything in the Bible is God-breathed, and taking every. single. word. of the Bible literally.

I'm sure this isn't an original thought on my part, but I had it just now so I'm writing it down. It's come up because I came home early today to find my mother brainwashing the boys with a Ken Ham DVD. Needless to say, I was less than entranced to find my children sitting in front of the TV learning such nuggets of wisdom as "Noah took the dinosaurs on the Ark with him" and "the entire fossil record was created by the Biblical flood". Hmmm. Not what I've ever considered teaching them, but what else are grandparents for? Undermining parents at every turn, apparently.

Well, she goes back from whence she came Saturday morning, and I'll have at least six months to work on the deprogramming. And the best news of all: even Two thought the movie was a joke. And he meant that quite literally; he told me the silly man with the Australian accent was telling jokes about Noah and the dinosaurs. God bless the child!

No comments: