Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sarcastic Much?

The sarcasm-meter rarely stops going off in this house some days, and although I know it's (mostly) my fault, I can't help but laugh at some of the stuff the boys come out with.

Take this weekend. Husband's mother has been diagnosed with cancer, and she is getting ready for surgery and treatment with a very good attitude and even better chances of recovery. I sat the boys down to let them know what Gaga was gearing up for, and seeing that they were quite worried I hurried to reassure them that, while this was serious business, Gaga was not only more than likely to make a full recovery, she was, in fact, much more likely to die in a car wreck in the next year than from this cancer.

"Yeah, especially the way she drives!" laughed One. And their worry evaporated and they both ran off, happy again.

Sarcasm as a form of comfort? Only in this house.

No comments: