Friday, March 21, 2008

Washing Feet

Vignettes from last night's Maundy Thursday service:

Kneeling elders, people walking up slowly - then lining up eagerly, already barefoot

Paul washing Jen's feet - a husband's tender touch

Sitting barefoot, with the boys gathered around me, hushed

Feet clean

Boys holding me

Paintings - 3 Crosses (Two) and Easter Sunrise (One)

Tears


and finally, from a sleepy and slightly confused 5 year old: "Mommy, next year I think I want you to baptize my feet."

3 comments:

Marcus and Meg Asby said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I might link it on my blog. I'm coming next year! I'll have to get over being weird about my feet before then, though.

Marcus and Meg Asby said...

And I don't remember hearing about Two asking you to baptize his feet next year (precious). You are one blessed mama.

Tari said...

He saw Jen wash Paul's feet with Katie standing by, and I think he then thought there was an "all-family" alternative.

He keeps asking about baptizing feet and when we're doing it again. It really meant something to him. I'm not entirely sure what, but it's in that 5 year old head, cooking away.