Friday, March 14, 2008

Introduction

Okay, I've tried this before, and failed to keep it up. I've been motivated lately by friends who have started blogging (hi Meg!) and thought I'd try again. Here goes:

My favorite subject: me. I'm 37, going to be 38 soon. Attorney, mom and wife - 30 hours or so a week of each of them, give or take. Two boys, 8 and 5 - let's call them One and Two, to keep it simple (and to keep my husband from losing his mind). Lots more about them to come. Husband. Hmm, what to say? The inspiration for the title of this blog, he's gone at least once a week, traveling to the garden spots of Texas as a trial lawyer. It used to completely freak me out; now I miss him but enjoy the peace at the same time.

I love: my God, my boys (all 3), my church, this city, good food, good books, and my dogs. More on all of them later.

I hate: fear, cold weather, grey skies, reality TV, and Daylight Savings Time. Maybe more on fear, but I don't think we need to discuss any of the others.

I have a bunch of posts half-written in my head, so I'll keep this short and try to hash out one or two of them tonight. I also need to work on the layout - I worked for a software company for 5 years but it will still take me all night to do that! My mom's an accountant and I can't balance my checkbook - some things just happen that way.

Back soon.

No comments: