Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More B+-edness

I wrote earlier about being a B+ person and how happy I am in my B+ state. B+-edness saved my from the Lawfirm, it allows me to end work in time to pick One and Two up from school every day, it makes life a lot easier, in other words.

B+-edness means, in short, that I lack ambition. My MIL once told me she never took a job at which she wasn't always looking to be promoted. I, on the other hand, have done this quite a lot. In fact, I went to the Lawfirm knowing full well I would never be partner. I was proven right beyond all hope when, a year after graduation, One was conceived. No, we didn't mean for that to happen, but it did, and it certainly made my decision to leave a lot easier. Then a lovely in-house position: work was blissful, Two came along, Husband created the grasswidow, and I was laid off. Once again, B+-edness to the rescue. This new turn of events didn't bother me; indeed, it saved me.

Life without too much ambition is good.

No comments: