Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Books for a Better World

My high school friend Volker (now known as Fr. Alkuin) told me about this amazing organization, and I have to share it with y'all - Better World Books. Here's their own blurb that best describes them:

"Better World Books collects and sells books online to fund literacy initiatives worldwide. With more than two million new and used titles in stock, we’re a self-sustaining, triple-bottom-line company that creates social, economic and environmental value for all our stakeholders. We were founded in 2002 by three friends from the University of Notre Dame who started selling textbooks online to earn some money, and ended up forming a pioneering social enterprise — a business with a mission to promote literacy."

Check out the site! You can buy books online, get involved in organizing a campus book drive, or find a library sale near you. I am an online book shopping fanatic; I have the feeling I'm going to be spending more than my fair share of time on this website. And to think: I can feed my addiction for book shopping and feel good about it all at the same time. Ah, sweet charity!

No comments: