Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Let's Go To The Movies

Melanie did a "movie meme" post a whopping five days ago, but since I have nothing, absolutely nothing to say, I am going to pick up on it anyway and run like the wind, Bullseye! with it. Here goes - ready? Three films in each category:

Favorite Comedy Film:
Princess Bride
Office Space
Barbershop

Favorite Romance Film:
Roman Holiday
Oliver's Travels (a mini-series, but it counts)
The Philadelphia Story

Favorite Sci-Fi Movie: (I know, they're TV shows, but we have some on DVD ...)
Battlestar Galactica (the Sci Fi Channel version)
Doctor Who (new BBC Wales version)
Torchwood

Favorite Animated Movie:
Up
The Incredibles
Peter Pan

Favorite Disaster Movie:
absolutely none!

Favorite Christmas Movie:
A Christmas Story
How The Grinch Stole Christmas (animated version)
It's A Wonderful Life

Favorite Horror Movie:
absolutely, absolutely none!

Movies With Music:
The Commitments
Hard Day's Night
Sound of Music (I know: sappy)

Favorite Book to Movie:
The Lord of the Rings trilogy
The first three Harry Potter movies
The first two Narnias

Favorite Classic: (I could list 30 movies here, if the rules provided)
The Big Sleep
Sabrina
La Dolce Vita

Favorite Chick Flick: (I'm going with what I think is a chick flick - meaning, Husband won't watch it with me)
Juno
Monsoon Wedding
Bend it Like Beckham

Movies You Could Watch Ad Nauseum:
Ferris Beuller's Day Off
Anything with Cary Grant
Lone Star

Worst Movie of All Time:
Anything with Jim Carrey

I'm Adding A Category For Movies I Like Without A Category:
Miracle
Like Water for Chocolate
Topsy Turvy

Oh, and I know I said I had nothing to say, but did you hear that your appendix actually does something? Who knew? And while on the subject of that not-so-vestigial organ, a man in Britain recently enjoyed the glories of socialized medicine by having his appendix removed twice: the first time the surgeon couldn't find it, gave up and didn't say anything. The second time was after it ruptured a month later. Gosh, I'm glad nothing like that will ever happen in this country ...

No comments: