Saturday, August 8, 2009

Two's Quote of the Day

After we saw the movie Up, Two was fascinated: "how did the boy get on the porch when the house was in the air?" We explained that he had been under the house when the house went up. "But you can't get under our house" he said. Oh yes, we assured him - the entrance was behind the washing machine in the garage. And then we paused ...

Us: "But you may never go under the house! Never. Because, because ... there are SNAKES and RATS under there, do you understand!?

Two: "Of course. So I can never go under the house ... unless I bring a flashlight and ... come on folks, you know what else I need ... say it!"

Us: "What!?"

Two, triumphantly: "A flashlight AND A DAGGER!"

Help me.

3 comments:

htownjenny said...

I loved this. You captured that moment when you realize you've said too much. But still, how cute and clever.

Boys...

Tari said...

I am going to live in such fear from now on that he gets himself under there (and that he loves it)! The elderly lady who owned the house before us was fond of going under the house herself - she had her own trenching tool and dug to make it possible to go from one end of the house to the other. Apparently she was quite a girl! Our home inspector was +6ft tall and he fit under there quite nicely. I think I'd rather have a root canal, myself.

Unknown said...

I am dying. That's quite a kid.