Friday, February 5, 2010

What we Know of Love

Debra Parker's post today: a must-read.

I have to confess, I haven't met Ernest or Debra. I've simply been captivated by their story of sacrifice, of love, of abandonment of all else to the goal to bring hope and love to one child. Does this story resonate with me more because I, too, dream of bringing a child home from a far-away place? Without a doubt. But it is a story of love, as Debra says, and as such it should resonate with all of us. A father eagerly seeking out his child is a story as old as -- well, as old as the Bible. And since all of us look (whether we know it or not) for a heavenly Father who seeks us when we are lost, so we can all look at Ernest's journey to Haiti and see ourselves.

My cup runneth over today, filled with hope and love - all because of the love I have seen others pour out on one another in the past weeks. God bless, y'all.

No comments: