Thursday, October 1, 2009

Waiting on Time

I've been sitting here this morning catching up on blog reading that I haven't had time to do in the past weeks when I read this wonderful post by JMom about God and Time. Here are some of her wise words:

"I cannot help but think of Lazarus' sisters frustrated that Jesus didn't arrive in time-- or Jairus, heartbroken that Jesus made it to his home after his daughter was already dead. He is the God of Eternity. He invented time. He is not constrained by it, not does He ever lose track of it."

Oh, this was something I needed to hear! I'm in the midst of praying for something I want so badly, but that frequently seems like it won't happen at all, or, at least, won't happen right this minute, which is when I want it. I need to remember, and remember and remember that God's timing is perfect, and He sees all time as one - not as a straight line as we do, but together as a whole picture. If I keep this image in my head, I know that in God's time, the thing I pray for so desperately has already been worked out, and then my prayer of longing can turn instead to rejoicing. While I know that it may not work out (may not have worked out?) as I imagine, I do know for certain that God has not forgotten, and that He always hears.

Thanks, JMom.

No comments: