Thursday, May 8, 2008

Vroom Vroom!

I am so excited about cars in the near future - here's a quote and a link from Instapundit:

"IT HAS A NICE JETSONISH LOOK: VW Confirms 1L Concept Will Become Reality in 2010. "The VW 1L is so named because, in theory, it only consumes one liter of fuel per 100 kilometers traveled. For those of us in the US, this translates into about 235 MPG. Definitely far and above anything on the market currently." It is kinda low and small. But if they keep the Jetsonish look, it'll sell. If they shift to something more boring, it won't."

My minivan lease expires in 2010, and while this 1L doesn't sound like it would work for me, there seem to be so many fuel-efficient cars - especially the new super-clean diesels - that will be coming out in the next 2 years. The Honda van I'm driving has been a great improvement on the big old Suburban - double the gas mileage around the city - but I'm still looking for a cleaner and more fuel-efficient car. Given how much I drive, saving money at the gas pump sounds just fine with me, too! I can hang in there with the van for another 2 years, since it looks like there will be plenty of options for me when it's time to hand it back to the lovely people at Honda. In 2010 One will also be big enough for the occasional trip in the front seat, so if we have to carpool it will still work out.

No comments: