Monday, May 2, 2011

Images from NYC

If you're interested in some great pictures from the impromptu festivities in NYC last night, Ryan Brenizer has some beautiful ones. Also, check out this video from a law school classmate of mine that he made last night.

Am I glad people went out to celebrate? Yes, I am. Not because this is the end-all, be-all victory against terrorism, but because it's symbolic of all the work the men and women who defend us have done over the past ten years. We should celebrate that any time. I am proud to belong to a nation who has men and women willing to sacrifice so much for it, and I am glad that they were the ones to rid the world of such a monster. To all of them I offer my most profound thanks, for this and for all the dirty and thankless jobs they do. Keep it up, y'all.