Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Six Random Things

It's a buffet of randomness this evening: here are links from all over the internets, telling you all kinds of things you didn't even know you needed to learn. Enjoy.

1. I’m obviously in the wrong profession. I wonder if I could re-up my lifeguard certification. Then again, is it too late to spend my days in a bathing suit? Probably so. Shucks.

2. I knew there was a reason I’m glad that I’m too broke for liposuction. It would have been a waste of money anyway! See how things work out...

3. How gross is canola oil? Turns out, it's really, really gross. Chemical solvents are used in its processing, and the level of heat in that processing likely destroys any Omega 3s in the oil – actually, it turns them into free radicals (hey, don’t they cause cancer or something?). Can anyone say "butter"? It sounds a lot better to me than "hexane".

4. Do you think I’d get away with this if I wrote this piece from the opposing perspective? Nah - me neither. Thank goodness, since, not being an actual racist or anything, I wouldn't really want to.

5. Tell me Queen Elizabeth isn’t so cute? And the scarf? That just makes it perfect.

6. So, you’ve been letting the children play with fire again, have you? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. We even let them play with knives around here.

No comments: