Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Things I Know

I know I'm supposed to cook a vegetable with every meal, but isn't it enough that I cooked something? What's wrong with meat, anyway?

I know you're supposed to brush your teeth after having a glass of milk at bedtime, but if warm milk puts a over-tired eight year old to sleep (finally), do I really have to wake him up again?

I know I shouldn't let the boys watch scary movies right before bed, but if all it does is make Two come in and snuggle with me in the middle of the night, what's the harm?

I know I should make the boys wear something nicer than Crocs on their feet to church, but didn't Jesus get by with sandals?

I know I'm supposed to go to work even when I'm sick (suck it up and be a grown-up, in other words), but isn't it better for everyone else that I keep my germs at home?

I know I shouldn't buy my son everything he wants, but what if all he wants are books?

2 comments:

CC said...

Well put. All of them!

Elizabeth Channel said...

I'd buy the books! You can't have too many books. (From a family who owns thousands...)