Friday, June 20, 2008

Sunday's Pity Party

So my birthday post was less than uplifting, eh? I gave myself such a pity party - it was as pathetic as those things usually are. In the end, I had a lovely day. The children were sweet, Husband was his usual patient and kind self, my SIL called and we had a great conversation, and, yes, both my parents called after all. My dad and I had a great talk; mom called while we were at the grocery store and I was still in my snit, so there wasn't much to say (sometimes that's a good thing).

I think God treats us the same way we treat our own children when we get like I did on Sunday. If my boys are in a twist, they are asked politely to go to their room and stay there until they can be decent company. I think God is at least as patient as us when we stomp around and pretend we can't see all the great blessings He's placed before us. At least I certainly hope so.


You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you - Psalm 86:5

The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him - Daniel 9:9

For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more - Hebrews 8:12

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. - 1 John 1:9

No comments: