Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

June 15. Wow, what a day. Today we can all celebrate the day that, 38 years ago, a woman who never wanted me to begin with finally gave birth to my 5lb self and walked away without (most likely) ever even looking at my face. Today we can celebrate the 15 lbs I've gained in the past 12 months, the fact that in 2 weeks I will have no longer have a dependable source of income, and that no member of my family will call me today with birthday greetings because (a) my mother is a #*%$*, (b) the male members of my family are waiting for their Father's Day calls, and (c) my mother in law has never in 17 years remembered on which day in June my birthday falls.

Husband bought me some lovely things at Ann Taylor yesterday and One made me 2 pictures. They are very sweet and loving.

And now, I am going to work on a long boring legal project, do the grocery shopping, and maybe have a panic attack or 2.

Have a nice day, y'all.

3 comments:

Missy said...

I'm sorry your birthday was less than fantastic.

:(

Anonymous said...

Wow. I hope the day got better....of course NOW you are walking on air due to hubby's new job situation. that is so cool.

Tari said...

I've hated birthdays for a long time - not sure why. I'm glad God loves me despite my moments of self-loathing.