Monday, June 2, 2008

Juno, reprise

Had to go to Kelsey Seybold's 24 hour clinic on Friday night (double ear infection - One gave it to me) and while I was there I watched a 8-10 year old girl watching Juno while her parents sat unconcernedly on either side of her. They didn't have horns growing out of their heads, and she was a modestly dresssed, quiet young thing. But someone in the family apparently decided that pregnant, sassy 16 year old Juno was just the thing for this little one. I wasn't shocked, just worn out sick (from massive ear pain) and discouraged by the whole thing. I don't like it; I don't like it one bit.

Today Lileks writes about a grocery store trip that bears some resemblance to my Friday night waiting room experience. Read all the way past the cereal boxes.

No comments: