Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Illegal Immigration

I'd like to say that I could write a lengthy and erudite piece on illegal immigration from a Christian perspective, but if I did so I would largely be plagiarizing from these 2 Tony Woodlief pieces, so I'm going to recommend that you read them instead. It will keep me out of trouble.

Decommissioned

The Alien's Thanksgiving

"Thank you, brother Christ, that you showed no restraint when we were the aliens, that you were not reasonable when we were far off, that suffering did not deter you when we had no hope and were without God in the world. Thank you that we live in such a place of prosperity and peace that we can actually believe that preserving this blink in the eye of history takes precedence over your calling. And please forgive us when we confuse gifts with entitlements, means with ends, and come to view our comfortable lives as your purpose."

Beautifully said, as usual.

No comments: