Friday, September 26, 2008

Outrageous Greed

"The most insulting thing is the golden parachutes where these jackals from Fannie and Freddie, having destroyed the company, walked away with millions.... It all comes down to greed."

I'm not writing much on the Wall Street/banking crisis, mostly because I have a hard time balancing my checkbook. Finance is one of those areas where I throw up my hands and play the silly little wife; Husband understands these things far, far better than I do. But the one issue in this whole mess that has caught my attention is the idea that the CEOs/presidents of these ruined companies should walk away from this with the shirts on their backs and nothing more. Their greed - for money and for power - created this mess, and they should at least be punished for that by losing what is nearest and dearest to their hearts: cold, hard cash.

When Bernie Sanders and Newt Gingrich agree on an issue, I think it's safe for me to chime in. That's me: a bold, out-on-the-edge kind of blogger.

No comments: