Six reasons why the boys and I are heading out to the Houston Tea Party today:
1. President Obama's budget proposes $989 billion in new taxes over the next 10 years.
2. The already-passed stimulus bill repealed welfare reform.
3. The proposed budget increases the deficit by over $11,000 for each American.
4. The aforementioned budget reduces the tax deductability of charitable deductions.
5. Despite the fact everyone thought it was just Chris Dodd being stupid, the White House and Congress really would like to nationalize banks. Just ask Citi today - it's now 36%-owned by Uncle Sam.
6. The mortgage bailout rewards financially irresponsible people at the expense of responsible ones.
The Democrats are spending our money with no control whatsoever. I would like a country left for my sons to live in 30 years hence, if that's not too much trouble.
See you at the party, folks.