Monday, April 7, 2008

Hiding Vegetables from Myself

I ran out and bought this book last night; a neighbor mentioned it while we were unloading recycling at the curb and something came over me (you know what it was? an urge to shop, that's what it was).

After reading through the recipes last night, I'm definitely going to use it. Not just on my kids, but on me. Yes, I need to hide vegetables from myself. If I don't, I rarely eat them. Of course, when I cook a full-blown meal, out come the vegetables and I dutifully partake, but on a leftovers or "fend-for-yourself" night, forget it. So from now on I will be fooling myself by adding spinach puree to my brownies, squash puree to my mac & cheese, and carrot puree to my quesadillas. My kids may not be fooled - and let me tell you, Two can smell and feel veggies at 50 feet - but I will be.

Oh, I'm going to be so healthy!

No comments: