Monday, April 7, 2008

Plans for the Future

Ideas - they're showing up at stoplights, in the shower - I know I'm in surfer-mode tonight, but dude, I feel like a real writer or something, you know? Okay, enough of that; I sound like an idiot. But here's what should be coming soon:

A "review" of A Peaceable Kingdom by Jan de Hartog - once I've finished processing it - it was phenomenal and it's still sinking in. I keep having thoughts about it and going back to re-read one passage or another.

A series of posts on Once Upon A Time, a Long, Long Time Ago - stories about my very favorite subject (hint: you're reading her now ...). I was listening to an old Bonnie Raitt CD in the car the other day and started thinking about how long I'd owned it, and all sorts of memories starting popping up. So I'm writing one out now and I'm sure there will be more to follow. They don't all relate to the CD; that was just the jumping off point. Some of them may be, as Mrs. Pollifax once said, like a boil being lanced, but others will be less important and therefore infinitely more cheerful.

There now, aren't you excited?

No comments: