Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Rice University, Meet Smut

So Rice University has joined a number of other schools in the dubious honor of having a university-sponsored s*x magazine. Started by a staff of mostly women, it contains pictures, articles and stories - all s*x-related. The editor, in her opening editorial, describes the problem she hopes the magazine will solve is that "the culture of Rice is not as welcoming to s*x as it could be." I'm not a Rice alum, and I can't say I spend much time on its campus, but I really can't imagine any place on Earth needs more discussion about s*x. Especially a college campus of any kind.

Why does each generation think they've invented s*x? Why do young people all think that no one but them does it, talks about it, thinks about it? Why do they asssume that anyone more than 5 years older than them is s*xless and repressed? After a certain point this attitude irritates me. It also makes me doubt their ability to reason and observe. Have they watched TV lately, been on the Internet, gone to the movies? S*x saturates our culture, but somehow these young idiots think we need more of it. My my, the future is secure.

1 comment:

Missy said...

These are the things that make me just want to put the kids in a basement until they are 30 when I introduce them to the spouse I have chosen for them.

Dangit, we don't have a basement.