Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday Linkage

Here's my lazy Friday morning post - a handful of links to articles and sites you might not have seen. Enjoy.

If It Redistributes Like a Duck ... David Harsanyi's column in the Denver Post. Link via Dr. Helen

Let Christians Vote As Though They Were Not Voting by John Piper. Liz linked to this and it helped me a lot yesterday when I was feeling overwhelmed by the election and What It All Means. Reference? To Say Nothing of the Dog, one of my favorite books of all time.

I'm finally getting out some winter clothes (for these chilly 70 degree Houston days) and I'm thrilled to find all my CAbi stash from last year. If you've never been to a CAbi show, find one in your area and have at it. The clothes are Ann Taylor priced but of even better quality. My neighbor hosted a party last fall and all of us had a blast trying on clothes together.

HillBuzz - a group of PUMAs with a great sense of humor and purpose. Here is a great post on ignoring the media. Thanks to Barbara at Mommy Life for the link.

Apple Cake recipe at How To Cook Like Your Grandmother. This is definitely a cake my grandmother would have made. She was a spectacular cook.

Did you know that Elizabeth Peters, creator of Amelia Peabody, has gone back and written another Vicky Bliss mystery? It's her first since Night Train to Memphis in 1994. Wow, I'm hoping Santa reads this post and buys Laughter of Dead Kings for me. I know he reads my blog in the evenings after his nightly cigar ...

A somewhat harsh post on Who Owns Ya, Baby? HT Instapundit. And reference? Oliver's Travels, of course. "In just a few short years, the federal government will have a controlling interest in nearly every facet of your life. And you, you lazy sheep, will be grateful for it, because at last, your government will be taking care of you, and the only people who will pay the cost will be those damnable rich people who have too much money and are too greedy."

No comments: