Thursday, August 7, 2008

Back to Work

I survived my first day back at full time employment - I have to say I was a little surprised. I overslept (set the alarm wrong) but didn't burst into tears - just got in the shower and ready as fast as possible. Thankfully the other attorney in the office, who has to "sponsor" me until I get my paperwork completed and a badge issued, didn't show up until just after I got there, so we met in the lobby as if we'd planned it. Whew!

It was a good day, if quiet. I think it will be busy as things get going, but since it's a small outpost of a much larger legal department it will never be frantic, with people running around all over the place (and me running around too, trying to look as worried and important as they look). The boys took the first day as well as can be expected - they had VBS and swimming to distract them. They were furious that their grandmother told Two (1) to "shut up" when she was on the phone and (2) that he would look different than all the other Kindergarten boys because of his long hair. They tattled on her to me tonight at bath time. She has them again tomorrow and then we have nice, kind, sweet young women coming in to take care of them all day every day until school starts. It's good to be reminded now and again that the boys don't need to spend any more time alone with their grandmothers than they already do.

As for school-year care - God is amazing! He is so good! I was without a nanny to pick the boys up after school as of Tuesday, and now I have 2 absolutely perfect fits! One woman can work M-Th and the other, who just needs a little bit of work (she's in college and raising a little one), will take them on Friday afternoons. They are both sweet, fun, patient women - I couldn't be happier! What an amazing blessing!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am glad you day back went well. It's always a hard adjustment for me.