Monday, August 18, 2008

I Just Couldn't Shut Up

Not that this a subject that is burning in my brain, but I generally have trouble keeping my mouth shut, so I decided to post something.

I will continue to keep mum about my job. No wallowing, in other words. "Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things." Phillippians 4:8. Yup, that's me. Well, at least I'm going to try.

Anyway, I was reading Lileks today and his usual dissection of Garrison Keillor's weekly column. While I did, two thoughts appeared in my head:

1. If hot, sticky air destroys self-righteousness, then I guess Keillior is expecting a lot of humility and lovingkindness from the Current Occupant these next few weeks. There's nothing like August in Texas to make one think "Steam baths? What a waste of money!"

2. Keillor only wants to put John McCain in that steam bath for 30 minutes in hopes of bringing on heart failure.

No comments: