Thursday, July 3, 2008

Driving in Texas

Having lived in Austin, I can completely believe this:

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/stories/2008/06/30/daily32.html?ana=from_rss

"Though some of the locals zoom around Interstate 45 and the Sam Houston Tollway like they are rehearsing for the Indy 500, Houston drivers are not the worst in the state, according to a national study. A national report from Allstate Insurance Co. (NYSE: ALL) reports that Austin drivers take that title, considering they are 35 percent more likely to be in an accident than the average American driver."
Austin drivers always struck me as the float-in-the-middle-lane, I-just-left-my-yoga-class, kind of drivers. Houstonians are fast and aggressive, but they're definitely more present on the road than Austinites.

2 comments:

Donna B. said...

You really nailed on the Austin drivers.

Tari said...

Every time I think about it I picture this rust colored Volvo 240sedan, covered with bumper stickers, cruising up Mopac 10 miles under the speed limit.