Monday, July 21, 2008

Meme About Me

JMom at Lots of Scotts posted one of these, so I decided, hey, it's easy to write about ME!

Missy, you're it.

What were you doing 10 years ago?: Taking THE TEXAS BAR EXAM. Right about this time, I think. Husband and I moved back here from Austin that summer and I studied for the Bar while he job-hunted. Right after I finished we packed up and drove to St. Louis to spend a few days with my (then recently-divorced) brother-in-law. We met his future wife (and mother of his 3 awesome children) on that trip but I'm not so sure if they were dating then or not at that point. We liked her anyway. :)

Favorite Snacks: Chocolate cake with a large glass of milk, Smart Food cheese popcorn and a Diet Coke, cheese and good bread.

To Do List: Lately since I'm not working much I don't have one. I'm trying to do what I want to do while I can! When I first had One I would write things down on my list like "shower", "eat", "feed baby". Lists can make me really anxious, so unless I have something that, if I don't do it I'll be in tons of trouble, I don't write it down.

Jobs I Have Had: Lifeguard, waitress, store management trainee at Foley's, assistant buyer, attorney (current one).

Places I Have Lived: New York and Texas.

Bad Habits: Talking too much, not paying attention to the reaction people have to me (especially when I'm busy talking), spending too much money.

5 Random Things People May Not Know (1) I, too, had a belly ring - had to take it out when I was 5 months pregnant with One (ouch!). (2) My dad was a prison guard my entire childhood - he used to tell me I could have any job in the world but his (I love you, Dad). (3) I named my first dog Shag because he reminded me of our new shag carpeting. (4) My husband was really rude to me when we first met and, since I was 19 at the time, I thought that was just so cute. He stopped that really quickly - it was all an act. :) (5) I really wanted to be an archaeologist for a long time - through college, even.

CDs I would want if stranded on an island: Exodus by Bob Marley, RSB's Give Yourself Away (just so I could play New Day over and over), a large collection of Jimmy Buffett (for 12-Volt Man, of course), and U2 The Joshua Tree.

What I'd Do if I Were a Billionaire: Start a charity to give the money away, re-model this house, add a new master bedroom, and put in a pool, and take a very, very long vacation to lots and lots of places.

Wow, that was lots of fun!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So fun to read about you! Thanks for playing!