Sunday, July 20, 2008

My House

I'm back in love with my house. For a long time I wanted to sell it. It's far from work, far from school, and we could make some money on the sale. So I looked and I looked, but there was nothing that really struck me. I found one house I really wanted; not because it was lovelier than this one, but because it worked better. It had the same number of bedrooms and baths we currently have and it did away with the almost-useless formal living room and replaced it with a large game room upstairs. Here is my current "guest room". Can you see possibly why I might like a game room, hmmm?


The other house also had a pool, which to me was the perfect solution to bored boys who can't figure out anything else to do but fight. It was 5 minutes from school, closer to my work and to husband's new job, but in the end it wasn't to be.


Now that I'm back in the "we're keeping this house" mentality, I am so in love with it again. The house and I are having a second honeymoon - hence all the over-the-top activity yesterday. It's old, it's unremodeled, but there is so much here to love. It feels great to be content again.

No comments: