Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Twiittering While Blitzed

Lileks went to the dentist yesterday hopped up on happy pills:

http://www.lileks.com/bleats/archive/08/0708/073008.html [NOTE: LINK UPDATED]

Excuse me while I wipe the Diet Coke from my computer screen ... okay, all clear.

He Twittered from the dentist's chair; here are some excerpts, with translations:

"Three pilso [This is a reference to the three pills I’d taken.]

O [That was the extent of message number two]

Yggdr [I think that’s a reference to the ancient Norse God of being high as a balloonist’s toupee.]

Thtre pilldlsbv and I csvzzzz [Three pills and I can’t? Three pills and I (cartoon sound of sawing logs?)]

In the cchio [In the chair, I think.]

The final cryptic message from Major Tom:
Meati tobbtsirv I mr-tobsatmn iysbnivrbnjnlvbbnb. Okay A moo [Okay a moo, indeed.]"

Read the whole thing. It gets even better when he gets home and tries to eat. Just the laugh you need on a Wednesday.

No comments: