Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Servant's Heart

Our older dog, Oscar, has 2 crippled back legs. It started out slowly with him losing some feeling in them and staggering a lot, and has now progressed to the point that he cannot walk at all.

So every morning and every night, Husband carries Oscar in his arms out to the backyard for his potty break. He scoops him up in his arms like a baby, and Oscar sits up proudly, ears up, and enjoys the ride.

For years Oscar has served us faithfully, and now my husband serves Oscar just as well. In Matthew 25:40, it says

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"

I think of these words every time Husband scoops up our old puppy and carries him to the back door. I am so glad I walk alongside a man who serves "the least of these" in this beautiful way.

1 comment:

Marcus and Meg Asby said...

It makes me think of how God told Adam to care for creation . . . just beautiful.